Posts Tagged writer spam
Happy Wednesday! Today, we are doing something a little different…another VLOG! I’d started vlogging earlier in the year and then The Spawn knocked out his front teeth, yay. Needless to say, I was a wee bit distracted. But I’m baaaaack, and hope you enjoy this change of pace.
Quick announcement: Speaking of phasers on “stun….”
Have trouble putting down and enforcing boundaries with yourself? With family? Always putting everyone else ahead of yourself? I am teaching a new class called Good Fences–The Writer’s Guide to Setting Boundaries and it is only $15 so I hope you will take advantage. This class is perfect for those who want to do Nanowrimo. I’ll help you learn the Art of the Loving NO.
***Class fee does not apply to meth-addicted howler monkey with a sidearm to guard your office door.
So what are your thoughts about “targeting” other people. I know we need to figure out who our potential readers might be, but to me? “Targeting” is part of what is making too many writers act worse than a Jehovah’s Witness genetically enhanced with DNA from a used car salesman. Do you agree? Have you been the target of targeting? Do you think I am over thinking this?
I love hearing from you!
To prove it and show my love, for the month of October, everyone who leaves a comment I will put your name in a hat. If you comment and link back to my blog on your blog, you get your name in the hat twice. If you leave a comment, and link back to my blog, and mention my book We Are Not Alone in your blog…you get your name in the hat THREE times. What do you win? The unvarnished truth from yours truly.
I will pick a winner once a month and it will be a critique of the first 20 pages of your novel, or your query letter, or your synopsis (5 pages or less).
And also, winners have a limited time to claim the prize, because what’s happening is there are actually quite a few people who never claim the critique, so I never know if the spam folder ate it or to look for it and then people miss out. I will also give my corporate e-mail to insure we connect and I will only have a week to return the 20 page edit.
At the end of October I will pick a winner for the monthly prize. Good luck!
I also hope you pick up copies of my best-selling books We Are Not Alone–The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer . And both are recommended by the hottest agents and biggest authors in the biz. My methods teach you how to make building your author platform FUN. Build a platform and still have time left to write great books.
author Kristen Lamb, author platform social media, creating social media community, Kristen Lamb, publishing industry, social media manners etiquette, targeting demographic, WANA, WANA International, We Are Not alone, writer spam, writers, writers acting badly
- What Are the Odds of Success? …Really?
- DON’T TALK ABOUT IT—Drive the Flaw to the Surface for Great Fiction
- Talk is Cheap—For Great Fiction Drive the Demons to the Surface
- Frankenfriends & Zombie Tweets–Writers, Social Media and the Undead
- THREE MONTHS OFF???? What I Would GIVE for a Summer Vacation
- A New Era in Fashion—How Abercrombie & Fitch Saves Needless Suffering
- Would You Rather? An Exercise in Creating Max Conflict in Fiction
- The Real Problem with Abercrombie & Fitch—How Jeffries’ Message Hurts Us ALL
- The Secret Recipe for Writing a Perfect Pitch
- I LOST THREE Followers—Twitter & Tips to Keep from Going CRAZY
- Creating Multi-Dimensional Characters #2—Everybody Lies
- DFWWWCon, Swine Flu, Zombies & WINNING! in the Changing Paradigm
- Ways to Create Multi-Dimensional Characters–Tip #1
- Opening the Floor–Ask an Expert! What Do YOU Want to Learn More About?
- My Cats are TOTALLY Fired